ATTENTION: CALL FOR BIDS FOR "DEAF RESEARCHERS AND ACADEMICS" CONFERENCE IN 2021
In 2019 the Deaf Academics and Researchers Conference will take place in Reykjavik, Iceland.
We are now calling for bids for DAC in 2021. The deadline for sending us the bids is July 1st 2017.
You can see the requirements below, and if your bid is accepted, you will have the opportunity to present your case on August 12th 2017 - at the end of our conference in Copenhagen.
Requirements for putting your bid for DAC 2021:
We invite interested countries to submit bids to host the 2021 International Deaf Academics and Researchers Conference.
If you are interested to host the conference in either 2021, you can present your bid on the last day of the conference, i.e. August 12th 2017. Each candidate gets maximum 5 minutes to present their bid.
In your bid, you could for example include the following information:
– Location (country, city)
– Did an academic institute express interest to host the conference? Is there a link with Deaf Studies research/teaching?
– Who would chair the conference and who will be his/her main board/team members?
– Date: Which month in 2021? (Note: try to avoid overlapping the DAC with other arrangements such as WFD's congress)
– What is your motivation to organise the next conference?
– Do you have a suggestion for a conference theme?
– Do you have ideas where you can apply for conference funding?
You do not need to provide all these details, but the more information you are able to present, the stronger your bid will be.
You can use a powerpoint or show a movie/website if you want – but remember that the limit of 5 minutes needs to be respected strictly.
If you plan to present a bid, please inform the Organisation Committee before July 1st, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, if you have questions, please do get in touch with us!